Thursday, June 18, 2009

My sister is going to be so proud of me!

My sister has said that blogging is like therapy. The past 6 months have been crazy! They have been filled with 2 of the most life changing events I will experience. At the end of it all I will have successfully planned one wedding and one funeral.

On April 3 I became engaged to the most wonderful person. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life.

On May 21 I found out that my mom had died. It was definitely one of the most heartbreaking days of my life.

Those two days are polar opposites but they are so intertwined with each other that I find myself more confused and hot and cold than I ever have been. After both of those moments I found myself being asked the same question for both. " Were you surprised?" My answer was the same for both. " I knew it was coming but did not expect to be as surprised as I was."

I started this blog to create an outlet for all of the mixed emotions I have been feeling lately. I am SO excited about planning my wedding but it is really hard to do when all you want is your mom. Ever since I got engaged I had mixed feelings about my mom being too involved in my wedding. She was very unstable at this point and I was honestly scared for my wedding. Now I wish she could be a part of it more than anything. I am so lucky to have two sisters, a handful of aunts and tons of friends to help fill the void of not having my mom around and as much as it helps, I would do anything to have my mom be a part of my wedding.

I hope I am as good of a "blogger" as my sister Amy but no promises. So to hear all about my wedding planning and healing process...

Please come again!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Mary, I am with you every step of the way! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always proud of you! But I do like your blog.

    ReplyDelete