Monday, October 26, 2009

Mom's Spiced Tea

I am sure there is a real name for this tea but I prefer to call it "Mom's Spiced Tea." A friend gave it to her when I was in high school and I fell in love with it. She would make me a cup every night before bed. It would help me sleep so well. When we finally ran out I made her track down the recipe so she could keep making it for me. Last year I decided to make some and take it to my mom while she was sick and she loved it as much as I did. I told her that it helped me sleep so I thought it might help her sleep. Se told me it worked but I think she was just trying to make me feel better. I made some more this weekend and I have been drinking a cup before I go to bed in hopes that it will help me sleep. I have always had anxiety at night, mostly restless legs, but it has gotten worse since mom died. It didn't seem to make me sleep any better but it definitely makes me feel closer to my mom for just a little bit.

Mom's Spiced Hot Tea!

1 1/3 c. Tang flavor beverage crystals
1/3 c. instant tea
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Mix together well and put in canister. Put 1 teaspoon per cup of hot water.
I have been missing her a lot lately. I always miss her but some weeks are worse than others. I am trying to get up the courage to go wedding dress shopping but it is really hard. I feel like I should be doing it with her. I keep telling myself that she is probably COMPLETELY annoyed with me that I have not gone yet. My sisters are doing a pretty good job of getting me excited though. Not much else has been going on with the wedding. I have been working on the guest list and addresses which is COMPLETELY overwhelming but I am getting closer to being finished, Thank Goodness! Joel and I have also chosen our honeymoon location! We are ALMOST positive that this is where we want to go. the resort is Paradisus Playa Conchal in COST RICA! We are SUPER excited and relieved we found a place that has everything each of us want.

P.S Christmas is almost here!!! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a tad OBSESSED with Christmas. I will post my December itinerary soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh Mare... I remember drinking that in high school with you!! We had it the first time I spent the night at your house!! Your mom made it for us and everything... Those were some fun days... and you will love dress shopping im sure of it. You will look beautiful =) Love you, miss you

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete